Serves: 6 servings
- 4 Large bone-in Chicken Breasts, skin removed
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic, chopped onion and chili flakes.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour sauce on top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of water and cornstarch. Place liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil. While stirring the liquid, add cornstarch mixture a little at a time and stir until thickened. Let boil 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice with desired toppings.
Notes: You may not need all of the cornstarch mixture depending on how much liquid your chicken produces.