Peachtree Road Race: July 4, 2010 Atlanta GA

I went to the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta on July 4, 2010. The peachtree Road Race is put on by www.atlantatrackclub.org/peachtree.htm and from what I saw, http://www.pulbix.com/ was a huge supporter :)

A little info abou the Peachtree:
  • It is a 10 kilometer road race held annually in Atlanta, Georgia on July 4, Independence Day. The Peachtree Road Race was until recently the world's largest 10 kilometer race (an estimated 55,000 participants in 2007), a title it has held since the late 1970s.
  • The Peachtree Road Race is a 6.2 mile (10,000 m) road race. The race starts on Peachtree Road at Lenox Square Mall (just south of Lenox Road). The race continues down Peachtree Road. Mile 4 (near Piedmont Hospital) is mostly uphill and has received the nickname "Cardiac Hill". After mile 5, the race turns east onto 10th Street with the finish line next to Piedmont Park
  • Fore more info, or to register for next year, go to http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/
And by the way, no, I didn't run - I observed it, lol... There's always next year, right? Well, here are a few of the pictures I took.

Publix's huge line of drinks for the runners... One of many

Look how close i was to the finish line! At least until they realized I didn't have an orange arm band and they made me move!

Wheel chair racers

my best action shot of the day!

some dude dressed as a giant peach :)

the finish line!

super crowded piedmont park


I was standing behind the people from the Atlanta Journal & Constitution taking "finshing photos"

even more crowded!

Comments

go on and click the ad... you know you want to

pop